From: "Kane, Michael E." <MKane@MAIL.IFAS.UFL.EDU>
To: <PLANT-TC@LISTS.UMN.EDU>
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: [PLANT-TC] in vitro flowering

We have found that the addition of gibberellic acid will induce in vitro
flowering in various wetland/aquatic plant genera. Are using GA in the
medium?  Perhaps a low level of an GA antagonist/inhibitor may work to block
flowering.  However, it will also probably reduce growth.  In some species
flowering can be induced by ethylene.  Venting may alleviate this.

Mike Kane

Dr. Michael E. Kane, Professor
Environmental Horticulture Department
University of Florida