Plant-tc Monthly Archive - August, 2003

Re: Drosera cultures

Garret,

We have germinated and grown D. rotundifolia in vitro, and those plants were
very small and very slow growing.  I would suggest moving your cultures to
fresh medium every month or so, even if the plant is still too small to
subdivide.  Once the plants are larger, they seem to grow a bit faster in
culture.

Valerie Pence

Center for Conservation and Research of Endangered Wildlife
Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden

Plant-tc Listserv Homepage | Subject Index | Thread Index